Re: Replication?

From: Arup Nanda <orarup_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 08:17:22 -0800

RE: Replication?Paula,

Good point on using CTAS parallel nologging. However, I assume that the processing on the local server does not produce so many records so as to make the PL/SQL over db links noticeably slower.

  Large PL/SQL operations over a database link have always seemed problemmatic. What if you were to do a CTAS unrecoverable, parallel to read the local table back into the MAIN database then processed with PL/SQL into the "MAIN" table?

  Oracle OCP DBA

  Author: Arup Nanda
    INET: orarup_at_hotmail.com

  To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message   to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in   the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L   (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may   also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).
Author: Arup Nanda
  INET: orarup_at_hotmail.com