Re: Excessive ORA-12805 parallel query server died unexpectedly errors

From: Binley Lim <Binley.Lim_at_xtra.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 17:11:50 -0800

To put another perspective, I don't believe PAT itself is a problem. PAT is available from 8.0(?) onwards. If you don't set the other related parameters explicitly, PAT=true adjusts other parameters in a way that handicaps most systems that uses Parallel Query (ie less likely to cause problems).

A likely reason is running out of "resources" somewhere, so parallel_adaptive_multi_user, parallel_threads_per_cpu and large_pool_size are something to look at. The odd occasion I have seen this, tweaking the above parameters have made the problem "gone away". Has the other par% parameters been set explicitly?

RAC is a another possible reason, depending on what you have done with the configuration previously. Which-ever way, insist on an answer from Oracle Support -- I know this is easier said than done ;-)

Author: Binley Lim
  INET: Binley.Lim_at_xtra.co.nz