Re: RE: Renaming tablespace by updating SYS.TS$

From: <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 13:36:51 -0800

to be perfectly honest. management made the decision and is aware of the risks. Im not 100% opposed. That database is partially dispensible. Replacing it is not difficult. Reinstall. Re-import transported tablespaces. Not too big of a deal. Its just a staging server. No users touch it.

Was hoping for something better. Guess there is none. Anyone got Larry Ellison's number? I want to give him a call and recommend a 'RENAME TABLESPACE' command. Without it, tablespace transportation functionality is greatly reduced.

Author: <rgaffuri_at_cox.net
  INET: rgaffuri_at_cox.net