RE: Oracle 10 rumours

From: Boivin, Patrice J <BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 06:57:37 -0800

There is a rumour (urban legend?) that the i is there by mistake, during a public speech Larry kept referring to i instead of 1, then staff scrambled to change it to i everywhere instead of calling it Oracle 8.1.

I doubt it's true though otherwise they would have had to edit all the docs.

Patrice.

Author: Don Granaman
  INET: granaman_at_cox.net

Author: Henry Poras