Export-Import Questions

From: SARKAR, Samir <Samir.SARKAR_at_nottingham.sema.slb.com>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 02:36:45 -0800

All,

Our client needs to have a copy of their 9i production database onto another machine which has Oracle 8i installed.
What they have already done is create a separate 8i database on another machine. Now is it possible to take
an export of the 9i production database and import the data onto the test 8i database ?? Our client at the
moment is not really concerned with the version of the test database.

Also, can we use the Oracle 8i export utility to export a 9i database or vice versa ?? And if so, can we
import the data of the 9i database onto a 8i database ?? Do we necessarily have to use the highest
version of the export utility and the import utility ??

I shall be grateful for any help on this.

Thanks,

Samir

Samir Sarkar
Oracle DBA
SchlumbergerSema
Email : ssarkar2_at_slb.com
Phone : +44 (0) 115 - 957 6028
EPABX : +44 (0) 115 - 957 6418 Ext. 76028 Fax : +44 (0) 115 - 957 6018

Author: SARKAR, Samir
  INET: Samir.SARKAR_at_nottingham.sema.slb.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri May 09 2003 - 05:36:45 CDT