RE: stange rollback behavior

From: Odland, Brad <Brad.Odland_at_qtiworld.com>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 05:31:41 -0800

Read consistent exports can get tricky....probably the best method is to pick only those tables and objects that are required for a consistent view and export only those along with attempting to schedule it when the user/transaction activity is at is lowest point. You may end up doing more than one export.

As for the different rollback...probably other sessions are using other rollbacks and before the export can get to a read consistent view of a table into it's assigned rollback the transactions from other sessions has already been overwritten. (guesstimation)

Brad O.

Author: Odland, Brad
  INET: Brad.Odland_at_qtiworld.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu May 08 2003 - 08:31:41 CDT