Is External Table the best solution. - URGENT

From: <JayK_at_ibsplc.com>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 21:06:41 -0800

Dear All,

I have a particular requirement in the application where data has to be loaded
to the database from files which are in a fixed format. I tried using the new
feature called External Tables and had found it to work well with less number
of records. When we obtained the actual production .dat file, it contained more
than 3 million records. I found to my utter disappointment that the system was getting stuck while data was getting loaded. I waited for hours together
and it still didnt respond. A prototype with 100000 records itself took more than
1 minute to get loaded.

Do you feel that SQL*Loader would have behaved the same way. We are yet to try the same with Loader.

Thanks for all your replies, in advance.

Best Regards
Jay

  INET: JayK_at_ibsplc.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu May 08 2003 - 00:06:41 CDT