Re: RE: My career path and Oracle?

From: Don Granaman <granaman_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 21:06:40 -0800

I have three BS degrees - Physics, Applied Math, and CS (~230 undergrad sem hrs) - and went 2/3 of the way through an MS in CS. None of this made any notable difference after my first CS-related job.

If I go back, it will NOT be in CS (*way* too boring). Physics is far more interesting and less subject to inane executive decree. ("Memo: The gravity benefit has been eliminated. Please remove this section from your copy of the employee handbook."). Also, computer scientists don't get cool toys like liquid nitrogen cannons and holography equipment.

On the other hand, I may be too old/lazy for another couple of years of intense 20-hour graduate school days. Other less demanding semi-retirement options could include bait shop proprietor, carpenter, rodeo clown, or ski area snowcat driver.

Don Granaman
OraSaurus (and rodeo clown wannabe)

http://urbanlegends.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http://www.satirew ire.com/news/0006/satire%2Dellison.html

Author: Don Granaman