RE: large sga or not,your experience--Re: buffer cache -once agai

From: Stephen Lee <Stephen.Lee_at_DTAG.Com>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 05:51:55 -0800

And then there is the database that started out a OLTP. But some manager(s) figure that, as long as the data was there, it might well be used for running reports ..... and we might want to go back three years on those reports. Then you're damned if you have big SGA, and damned if you don't. So what do you do? THROW MORE HARDWARE AT IT.

It's all about reports. Reports Reports Reports. Gotta have those reports. The world revolves around reports. Keep those printers running. Kill some trees.

Author: Stephen Lee
  INET: Stephen.Lee_at_DTAG.Com