RE: lsnrctl -utility, passing password in a command file

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 07:59:56 -0500

Kalle,

I do something similiar by creating a command file with lsnrctl commands and then executing them like this:

@rem
@rem First set the log file name via lsnrctl so we can rename it in dos
@rem
@if exist %oracle_home%\network\log\%listenerlog%_temp.log del

%oracle_home%\network\log\%listenerlog%_temp.log		>> %JobLog%

@echo set current_listener %listenerlog% > h:\dba\temp\lsncmd.lsn
@echo set log_file %listenerlog%_temp.log >> h:\dba\temp\lsncmd.lsn
@echo exit >>

h:\dba\temp\lsncmd.lsn

@%oracle_home%\bin\lsnrctl <h:\dba\temp\lsncmd.lsn >> %JobLog%
@del h:\dba\temp\lsncmd.lsn

You could certainly put your "set password" command in the place of set current_listener above and give it a try.

Good luck!

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional

Author: =?iso-8859-1?q?Joshua=20Becker?=