RE: Locally Managed Tablespaces

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 11:44:04 -0600

RG

   Here is a Web page that explains it pretty well.    http://www.samoratech.com/TopicOfInterest/swLMT.htm    You need to decide whether you want your data file to autoextend. I can't recall if that is the default or not.

   You can't set pctincrease for the tablespace and if you think about it, it doesn't make much sense anyway with uniform extents. You just want it to take an extent when it needs one. There is no value for taking multiple extents at a time.

   I haven't found a time not to use uniform extents.

Dennis Williams
DBA, 40%OCP, 100% DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: <rgaffuri_at_cox.net
  INET: rgaffuri_at_cox.net

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Mar 21 2003 - 11:44:04 CST