Re: audit_trail=db Overhead ?

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 22:31:58 +0800

Setting AUDIT_TRAIL=DB just allows you to enable audit. It, by itself, has no load.

I have AUDIT_TRAIL=DB and AUDIT SESSION with about 100 connections a minute and haven't noticed any performance impact. But, then, I haven't set an STATEMENT or OBJECT audit options. I have a daily SQL job which queries the audit view to identify failed login attempts
and another job to purge the audit trail of data more than 7 days old. Hemant

At 03:28 AM 21-03-03 -0800, you wrote:

>What would be the overhead of setting audit_trail=db in init.ora
>on the overall database performance ?
>
>NOTE - This is a heavily loaded Hybrid Database having 4000 concurrent users
>
>What optional settings may be better ?
>
>Thanks
>
>--
>--