statspack tuning in 9i: cpu time wait event?

From: zhu chao <chaospku_at_163.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 04:48:19 -0800

hi, dba friends:

        I am analyzing my new added rac database running rac 9.2 on linux cluster.I did a statspack report and surprised to find the following data:

   Top 5 Timed Events

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                                                     % Total
Event                                               Waits    Time (s) Ela Time
-------------------------------------------- ------------ ----------- --------
CPU time                                                       50,805    98.19
SQL*Net message from dblink                           736         310      .60
latch free                                          7,676         259      .50
global cache s to x                                19,320         118      .23
log file sync                                       8,850          46      .09
    The top wait event is cpu time, but in fact, even during the most busy time, there is still cpu idle.So, what does the cpu time mean?
	Can someone help me understand it?
	Thanks.

Regards
zhu chao
Eachnet DBA
86-21-32174588-667
chao_ping_at_vip.163.com

Author: zhu chao
  INET: chaospku_at_163.net

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Aug 27 2002 - 07:48:19 CDT