Re: rac on linux: lsnodes -v

From: Scott <oraracdba_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 19:18:18 -0800

Zhu,

  1. Not sure why these directories don't exist on the second node. I have 9.2 RAC installed on AS2.1 and I have all my directories. I actually do the install on the individual nodes. I don't do the install on 1 node and let Oracle copy the information over to the second node.
  2. I do install everything except maybe Advanced Security.

3.1 The raw device issue is a Linux problem. You also can't exceed a maximum of 256 raw devices total. This is do to the fact Linux only supports an 8 bit minor number. Nothing you can do unless some changes the Linux code. The other thing you can do is to create lots of LUN's. You can create 14 slices per LUN. I am using EMC so I just carved a whole bucnch of LUN's.

3.2 The LVM won't help you get more slices out of the disk. I have not installed SISTINA on AS2.1 but I have used it on SUSE 8.0 with no problem. I have talked to SISTINA and they have assured me that the LVM does work on AS2.1. I know that doesn't help.

3.3 I know there was a problem with oracm, libskgxn9.so , watchdogd which produced similar errors. I know there is a patch but I don't remember what the patch number is at this time. I think it was patch 1883763 but I am not sure.

Hope this helps,

Scott

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Finance - Get real-time stock quotes http://finance.yahoo.com