RE: Moving Oracle 9i / Windows 2000 Database to Red Hat Linux 7.

From: Dharminder Kumar <dharminder_at_softhome.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 08:53:34 -0800

John,
I will use the Windows Oracle 8i export executable for export and then will import it in the Linux environment as you have explained. The only reason I am using Oracle 8i/Linux because I have CD for this version, for 9i, I need to download the software. I will try it as well. About moving over the dump file from Windows OS to Linux, what I do is that once you have Linux OS running, you can mount DOS Fat drive onto Linux using mount command and that way you can share files between Linux and DOS on the same machine.

Thanks.

    Author: Dharminder Kumar
      INET: dharminder_at_softhome.net

    to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in     the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L     (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may     also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).

    Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
      INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM

Author: Dharminder Kumar
  INET: dharminder_at_softhome.net