RE: RMAN recovery stuck

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 12:03:36 -0800

Ruth - You suggested using a backup controlfile. What I have been doing is some time after the RMAN backup creates the backup set, I do a alter database backup controlfile to "file", and use that. Does that sound okay to you?

   I really don't care when it recovers to, I'm just trying to perform a disaster recovery test so I can quit doing weekly non-RMAN backups. Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: Ruth Gramolini