Re: Update !!! - Re: ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication

From: Danisment Gazi Unal (ubTools) <dunal_at_ubTools.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 13:03:27 -0800

Hi,

Normally, you don't have to waste your time for ora-3113, ora-12500 errors. If there are other errors with these errors, check them. In your case(for 3113), there should be some OS layer errors. This error would take you to semaphore configurations.

danisment...

MCUK wrote:

> Dear List, I checked a couple of other web sites and found a
  solution! It appears that my "processes" for each database (150)   added up to more than the Solaris Environment Variable "SEMMNS"   (410) So I changed each database's init<sid>.ora file to have   processes = 100 (Don't know if that is sufficient ?)and restarted   all THREE databases! Thanks if anyone has replied to this before I   posted this update. Ron.
  Author: MCUK
  INET: ron.perrie_at_mci.co.uk

  Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051 FAX: (858) 538-5051   San Diego, California -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists

  To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message   to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and   in
  the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L   (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may

  also send the HELP command for other information (like   subscribing).

  .

--
Danisment Gazi Unal
http://www.ubTools.com

The previous attachment was filtered out by the ListGuru mailing
software at fatcity.com because binary attachments are not appropriate
for mailing lists.  If you want a copy of the attachment which was
removed, contact the sender directly and ask for it to be sent to
you by private E-mail.

This warning is inserted into all messages containing binary
attachments which have been removed by ListGuru.  If you have questions
about this message, contact Postmaster_at_fatcity.com for clarification.

--------------D4EDF1E15278C944473FC621--

Author: Danisment Gazi Unal (ubTools)
  INET: dunal_at_ubTools.com