Materialised Views

From: Harvinder Singh <Harvinder.Singh_at_MetraTech.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 15:59:43 -0700

Hi,
We have a complex query which is based on view 1. View1 is based on 2 more views view 2 and view 3. view 2 based on 6 tables while view 3 is based on 9 tables..... this query takes about 90 sec to execute.... we r thinking of using MATERIALISED VIEWS....... can someone point out some articles regarding materialised views..... some questions are:
1) Do materialised views helps in our case. 2) Do i have to create materialised view on all views- view1 , view2 ,view 3
Thanks
-Harvinder Received on Wed Sep 26 2001 - 17:59:43 CDT