RE: the OT list

From: Gary Weber <gweber_at_charlesjones.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 06:48:26 -0700

<FONT face=Arial
color=#0000ff>Joe,
<FONT face=Arial
color=#0000ff>
I spoke to an
Oracle employee about this recently (in past month). Since we utilize Names servers extensively, I would hate to redo entire infrastructure any time soon. Basically, I was told that Names will NOT go away any time soon, if at all. The idea to move to LDAP is great, but I haven't heard of a working solution yet, and apparently, neither has Oracle.

Gary WeberSenior DBACharles Jones, LLC||Superior Information Services, LLC609-530-1144, ext 5529
<FONT
face=Tahoma>-----Original Message-----From: root_at_fatcity.com [mailto:root_at_fatcity.com]On Behalf Of JOE TESTASent: Wednesday, September 26, 2001 9:50 AMTo: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-LSubject: the OT list
Don't forget this list is now to be used for oracle topics only.  If you want to post OT stuff, feel free to join the <A href="mailto:oracle-l-ot_at_yahoogroups.com">oracle-l-ot_at_yahoogroups.com list.

Although I've not seen the jokes/recipes on their yet, where are you posters at?

Obligatory oracle msg :)

I see in the 9i docs, ONAMES will be desupported in a future release, any insider know when?

thanks, joe