RE: ORA-1410 on interMedia Text Index

From: Kuan, Amy M <kuanam_at_texaco.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 17:27:08 -0700

I was getting ORA-600 [12700] when I upgraded a 734 text database to 817. Ended up having to apply the latest patchset, I think it was 8172, to finally fix the problem. Has something to do with buffer cache corruption when Intermedia is trying to sync the index. The index loses its pointer to the row. Never got the ORA-1410 though. I have no idea if they have a patch for 816. If you contact Oracle, they will want you to analyze the base table and all the indexes and send them the trace file on the ORA-600.

Author: Jack C. Applewhite
  INET: japplewhite_at_inetprofit.com

Author: Kuan, Amy M
  INET: kuanam_at_texaco.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Sep 12 2001 - 19:27:08 CDT