RE: RMAN tuning

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 12:58:38 -0700

Ruth,

According to Michael:
>Tom:

>I haven't got a change to test it. I will try it sometime today. However,
>page 11-11 of Oracle8i Backup and Recovery Guide (8.1.5) states that Do not
>use this port-specific string if you have specified type disk.

>Thanks,

>Michael

I haven't tried it for disk, as I am backing up to tape and am happy about it. I mentioned that when I tested this param on NT/EDM, I experienced marked improvements by setting this value from the default of 64k up to 2M. There was no appreciable difference setting the parameter higher.

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional

Author: Ruth Gramolini
  INET: rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us