RE: Can I partition my primary key constraint index?

From: Deshpande, Kirti <kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 10:09:37 -0700

Hi Cherie/Diana,
 Here is how to do this.... Precreate the required tablespaces.

ALTER TABLE DBM.customer_listings
ADD CONSTRAINT custlist_pk PRIMARY KEY

    (

        DIR_PUB_YR,
        CUST_ID,
        SEQ_NUM,
        SYSTEM_SOURCE_CDE

   )
   USING INDEX
   LOCAL
      (
        PARTITION cust_list_92_pk
                  PCTFREE 5
                  TABLESPACE cust_list_pk_92
                  STORAGE (initial 60M next 5M maxextents 10 pctincrease 0),
        PARTITION cust_list_93_pk
                  PCTFREE 5
                  TABLESPACE cust_list_pk_93
                  STORAGE (initial 60M next 5M maxextents 10 pctincrease 0),
        PARTITION cust_list_94_pk

HTH.. Regards,
- Kirti Deshpande
  Verizon Information Services