Re:When to go for ORACLE NAMES Server

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 10:28:35 -0700

We have 20+ instances & this mess called PeopleSoft, so keeping track of TNSNAMES is a real tedious thing to do. Consequently we migrated to Oracle Names & have loved it ever since. If your going to get on Onames, use either 7.3.4's version of 8.1.6's. 8.0.x's version has way too many bugs.

Dick Goulet

Author: Johnson Poovathummoottil <joni_65_at_yahoo.com>
Date:       5/11/2001 8:15 AM

There is another thread going on about no database on a single server, I have another question to ask.

We have nearly 30 databases across Sun and Win 2000 Platforms. We are finding it tedious to keep track of tnsnames.ora. While looking out for a solution we hit at ORACLE Names server. I hear it is going to give way to ORACLE Internet directory. But after reading a little I think using either would be too much of a kill for the problem.

Any opinions?

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Auctions - buy the things you want at great prices http://auctions.yahoo.com/

Author: Johnson Poovathummoottil
  INET: joni_65_at_yahoo.com

  INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri May 11 2001 - 12:28:35 CDT