RE: 9iAS Forms Server Stability

From: <elkinsl_at_flash.net>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 17:47:10 -0700

Jared,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I don't know if they are working on any contingency plans, but, I guess they could stay on OAS and Forms 5.0 if things don't stabilize. I'm hoping that it is just a little configuration issue here, a tweak there, and so on. We will see -- they don't plan to go live for another 2 months so there is time to still work through issues.

They've been bitten by a few packages that wouldn't compile under 8.1.7 that worked fine in 7.3.5. I've been able to work through those issues. And we've seen some other strange things, both DB side and Forms side (especially window sizing going bonkers). But, the only real issue that I have seen so far is a bit of instability with the Forms server component.

Regards,

Larry G. Elkins
elkinsl_at_flash.net

  INET: elkinsl_at_flash.net