Re: Select Statement

From: GurPratap Singh <aviion_at_HCLIND.HCLC-GGN.HCLA.COM>
Date: Thu Feb 29 22:49:34 1996

> Hi folks,
>
> I have a simple question.
> Can the Error message ORA-0155, snapshot too old (rollback segment too small)
> happen by an normal long running select statement.
> That means, for me, that to many committed transactions oin a table can
> corrupt a query.
>
> I hope this isn't correct !
>
> Bertnhard

> Philips C&P Austria / SG1
> Bernhard Fletzberger, Programmer
> Tel.: +43-1-60101/1726
> Fax.: +43-1-60101/1740
> Memo: atvnams.at45fle
> CC:Mail: Fletzberger, Bernhard
> Internet: bfletzbe_at_austria.cp.philips.com
> Fletzber_at_atccmail.snads.philips.nl

This usually happens when u r running long queries.....and rollback segments

being used is small in size...

say u hv long running select statements ..A occupies extent1 of RS and B(some  other updation) takes up extent 2 and simillarly other extents r also full...

when u fire another query it looks for inactive extent in RS and it may happen

that query A does not use data from its extent 1 for long period of time.

Oracle taking it as inactive woul alot it to new query thus replacing the data

now if after some time query A tries to use to data from extent 1..it does

not find it and hence the error....

thanx

2 extent Received on Thu Feb 29 1996 - 22:49:34 CST