Package Body Invalid Status

From: mahendra <mahendra_at_INF.COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 09:16:28 EST

     Sure I can. We were facing the same problem too. The problem is
     whenever a package or a procedure that refers to another package or
     procedure which is in invalid state or is not compiled its status
     would be marked invalid. The best way to overcome this problem is
     using a cute little package Oracle provides DBMS_UTILITY. What you can
     do is after compiling all your procedures and packages just once run
     go to SQL*Plus and Run this utility using the following command.

     execute dbms_utility.compile_schema('MGR_GDT');

     /* Here MGR_GDT is the schema name */

     This will make all your procedures to valid status. Try this out and
     please reply if it works.

     Narayan Iyer.
     Infosys Technologies Ltd.
     INDIA.

     Infosys provides the best.

Subject: Package Body Invalid Status
Author: "ORACLE database mailing list." <ORACLE-L_at_ccvm.sunysb.edu> at SMTP_GW Date: 25/2/96 8:52 PM

I use lots of PL/SQL package In my application. Sometimes the status of this  package body will be
 set to invalid automatically.

Could anybody help me ? Received on Wed Feb 28 1996 - 01:21:03 CST