Multiple Forms Accessing a record

From: Ang Kheng San ( khengsan) <khengsan_at_EDBPO1.EDB.GOV.SG>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 1996 21:30:51 -0500

Hi all,

I am new to devt 2k and have a problem regarding multiple forms accessing different columns of a table.

Let me illustrate with an example,

A table with 3 columns:

TABLE1

KEY1      -- primary key
COL1      -- column 1
COL2      -- column 2

In a single session, there are 2 forms, Form1 and Form2, and both forms uses control blocks.

Form1 is used to enter TABLE1.COL1 data, and Form2 is used to enter TABLE1.COL2 data. Both forms are actually accessing the same record in TABLE1. If I insert (using PL/SQL INSERT statement) a new record using Form1, how can ensure that I only update, not insert, the same record in Form2 ? I can't check whether the record is found, because I have not done a commit yet.

Is there any suggestions that I can solve the above problem?

Thanks in advance.

Kheng San
Economic Development Board
Internet Address: khengsan_at_edb.gov.sg
MailSig 1.6 - Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives. Received on Tue Feb 27 1996 - 21:46:44 CST