Re: SUSPECTED BUG IN TEXT IO PACKAGE

From: CHANCL <CHANCL_at_AM.NIE.AC.SG>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 1996 10:32:00 +0800

Hi Sanjay !

>> We have tried to user TEXT IO PACKAGE as documented. But
>> when we read the line of the file using text_io.get_line, the 1st
>> char is lost in every line except for the 1st line.

I have tried successfully. The 1st char is not lost in the 2nd line.

In form 4.5 ; In Button trigger When-button-pressed

DECLARE
  IN_FILE TEXT_IO.FILE_TYPE;
  LINEBUF VARCHAR2(100);
BEGIN   IN_FILE := TEXT_IO.FOPEN('C:\AUTOEXEC.BAT','R');   LOOP
    TEXT_IO.GET_LINE(IN_FILE,LINEBUF);
    MESSAGE(LINEBUF);
  END LOOP;
EXCEPTION
  WHEN NO_DATA_FOUND THEN
    TEXT_IO.FCLOSE(IN_FILE);
END; Hope it helps.

ChorLing
chancl_at_nievax.nie.ac.sg Received on Mon Feb 26 1996 - 22:09:05 CST