Re: WARNING! Non-Oracle Question

From: almquist paul <almqpf_at_CVTC-CIS.CHIPPEWA.TEC.WI.US>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 15:14:30 CST

> Hi Folks!
>
> I'm writing a backup and recovery script, which, on occasion
> puts an XTerm window up with a long series of instructions.
> What I would *really* like to do is employ some of those old
> VMS escape sequences to highlight certain things on the screen.
> SO....

Some of the escape sequences used are the same as the DOS ANSI.SYS device driver. So if you have a DOS manual around you might find some there. I beleve Xterm is very much like vt100/vt220 terminals (ansi.sys is basically vt100) so if you have a manual for one of those that would be another place to look. I'm at home so I don't have all that good stuff available or I would look some up for you. I don't even see my DOS manual right now. Sorry I can't be of more help.

paul

--

          / C h i p p e w a     \\ // alley  Technical  College /