Re: Oracle v5 Startup Problem

From: Michel Durand & Basha Zapatka <durand_at_FAST.NET>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 18:20:05 -0800

Neil McLennan wrote:

> I am in the unfortunate position of managing a old MicroVax II
> running VMS 4.7 and Oracle v5.1.2.2. At the moment the
> instance is shutdown but when I try to bring it up
> I get the error:
>
> ORA-0422 cannot recover; before image range not open.

The old book says: This may happen if the wrong before image file(BI) is used.
Check logical or other file reference to insure only one image file is used per database system. All file references should be consistent and refer to same file.

Check logicals pointing to .BI file, that may help.

Michel. Received on Thu Feb 15 1996 - 21:42:02 CST