Re: migrating to DEC Alpha with Oracle 7

From: Hutchinson, Scott, A, <LSSAH04_at_CHSRH1.AGW.BT.CO.UK>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 1996 12:16:00 +0000

Susanne,
I assume you've got the AXP/Alpha version of the RDBMS....

One change I noticed when converting from VAX to Alpha was the huge increase in resources required - both disk space and global pages. The quotas for the Oracle account also had to be increased (such as page file quota, bytlm, etc).

If you can be more specific about the problems, then I may be able to help more.

Cheers,
Scott.

Scott Hutchinson - Database Consultant Interact Analysis Ltd, England
Phone: 0171 587 5807 Mobile: 0468 270 464 EMail - shutch_at_globalnet.co.uk