FORMS message built in

From: Dennis Pike <pike_at_CCIA.CCIA.COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 1996 08:17:38 PST

        I am using FORMS 4.5 in a windows 3.1 environment, and I am new to ORACLE. Please notice the three MESSAGE commands in the code below.

        Why is it that only the LAST message command displays at the bottom of the form when running this program from a WHEN_BUTTON_PRESSED trigger?

        It is so hard to debug code when I can not get a proper display of what is happening while the code is running.

        Thank You for ANY advise.

declare

        mymsg varchar2(30);

        CURSOR c1 IS
                SELECT STATUS FROM T_SECURE;

begin

MESSAGE ('Start Looping',no_acknowledge);

        FOR Status_list IN c1 LOOP
                mymsg := Status_list.Status;
                MESSAGE (mymsg,no_acknowledge);
        end loop;

MESSAGE ('Done Looping',no_acknowledge);

end;

Denny

E-mail: pike_at_ccia.com
Date: 02/07/96
Time: 08:17:38 Received on Wed Feb 07 1996 - 08:38:32 CST