ORA-3113 End of Comm channel error (Second try)

From: Hans-Peter Schmidt <schmidth_at_MAJESTIX.WI.FH-FLENSBURG.DE>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 1996 08:26:01 +0100

I don't know if my first message has reached the list If yes, ignore the following

Hi,

I have a problem connecting to a fresh installed Database using SQLNET V1.

My configuration : ORACLE DBMS 7.1.4 on AIX 4.1

I tried to connect to the database with SQLPLUS on the same machine with the following ConnectString: name_at_T:aix5:GIS

Then I got the errormessage ORA-3113 - End of Communication Channel.

The program checkTCP says that all is okay (services file, driver linked into oracle ...).

Conections with the Pipedriver work fine, but I want to access the database from other machines.

Has anybody seen this symptoms ?

Fachhochschule Flensburg
Germany

Hans-Peter Schmidt