muti schema for multi project db

From: Jack Bezalel <jack_at_PHOENIX.CO.IL>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 1996 09:14:36 +0200

Hello,

  We are currently in transition from Data General MV platforms to OPEN SYSTEMS.   Almost all the databases were transformed to oracle.   However we are heading the Application transition together with new   projects.
  This means that DB structure will be different at times for different   developement teams (depends on their project).   I am trying to implement a multi-schema environment.   I am spliting the env. between databases according to those factors:

  However using multi schema requires setup:

  It would help alot if you can give me some more tips and issues i must   take into count if i sould use multi-schema.   Also if you have other ideas as to how to implement multi-project env.   (USE MANY DB's-i expect about 15 if using multi-db instead of multi-schema)   please let me know.

  I am not happy about multi-db cause i think it will overload the cpu and   cause management overhead.

  Thanks for your help,

        Jack.

Jack Bezalel,
Database and Systems Integration Dept. Mgr., MIS Dept.
PHOENIX Company L.T.D.
ISRAEL

                    May The CURSOR Be With You . . .