Cold Backup in Novell 4.1: How?

From: Plevrakis, Antonis <pleyraki_at_CSD.UCH.GR>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 1996 15:01:26 +0200

Hello All,

I am trying to find a way to do a cold backup to our Oracle database each night, by running a script that will down Oracle, copy all the needed files and then up Oracle again.

I have to load the sldba.nlm from the novell server in order to run the script that does the above, but how do I start the nlm at night? Is there a Cron-alike program in Novell? (Cron i a unix program that does the job). How do you people do it?

Please reply to pleyraki_at_cyprus.csd.uch.gr if possible.

Thanks in advance,

Antonis Plevrakis,
Crete, Greece. Received on Fri Feb 02 1996 - 08:37:26 CST