Re: TABLE CANNOT CREATE OR DROP

From: TSAWMILL.US.ORACLE.COM <TSAWMILL_at_US.ORACLE.COM>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 1996 09:10:52 -0500

--Boundary-8184038-0-0

Are you absolutely sure no one is accessing the table? Maybe even a hung process? You might try shutting down the database and starting it restricted mode to see if a DBA can drop it (pity that it's in production...).

Tim Sawmiller
tsawmiller_at_us.oracle.com
"The opinions expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of the Oracle Corporation".

--Boundary-8184038-0-0

Date: 01 Feb 96 17:08:41
From:"\" <Katherine.OR_at_SYNTEX.COM>
To: Multiple,recipients,of,list,ORACLE-L,ORACLE-L_at_CCVM.SUNYSB.EDU Subject: TABLE CANNOT CREATE OR DROP Reply-to: ORACLE-L_at_CCVM.SUNYSB.EDU

Hi,

        I got a new had problem to create or drop specific table name on production. This table name called WHOART_LOCAL. We still didn't get any response from ORACLE technical support. I try to use Analaze table WHOART_LOCAL validate structure. It does not return anything. It look hung. Did any can give me any suggestion ?

TIA Kathy (Katherine.or_at_syntex.com)

--Boundary-8184038-0-0--