Remote Access to Oracle

From: jfm <jfm_at_PA.MICROSERVE.COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 1996 19:46:21 -0800

 Excuse the ignorance, but we are very new to Oracle. We are about to install for the first time on an RS-6000. I am concerned about access from our home pc's.
What are our requirments for accessing oracle, from a DBA perspective, from our home pc's running windows?
Is it true that we can access oracle from work either in "text" mode from the server or using the windows based products such as server manager. Is this correct? Would the same apply from home? Much appreciated for taking the time to answer what are probably trivial questions.

Jim Mulford
Database Analyst
PA Blue Shield
JFM_at_pa.microserve.com Received on Thu Feb 01 1996 - 20:01:02 CST