Re: Dallas to host International Oracle User Week (IOUW) '

From: Paul Dorsey <DORSEY_at_ENIGMA.RIDER.EDU>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 1996 18:54:06 -0400

My fear for the fate of IOUW without Oracle stems from the fact that Oracle provides much more to IOUW than speakers. The advertising lists that really create these conferences comes from Oracle. Oracle promotes IOUW to every Oracle user. I am not sure if IOUG will have access to that list.

I think much of the success of IOUW belongs to the conference organizer who has steped away from IOUG also. This is a MAJOR fight that we are all caught in  themiddle of.

It would be very interesting to me if we could get a straw pole frome the gang here. How many of you plan to go to IOUW, how many plan to go to Open World, how many think the situation is way too unstable to make any intelligent opinion at this point?

I vote for option 3.
Paul Drsey
Dulcian Inc. Received on Tue Jan 23 1996 - 18:59:47 CST