(no subject)

From: Oracle7 <oracle7_at_WSMR-EMH82.ARMY.MIL>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 1996 09:40:10 -0700

All,

I have a question hoping some1 outthere can help me . Here is the scenario:

  1. We have system A and B in a network...(HP9000s, HP-UX 9.xx)
  2. Oracle software (7.1.14) and our financial database (4GB) are installed on partition 1,2, 3 on system A; these partitions are also cross-mounted on system B. Due to this arangement, We are able to start up Oracle instances on either system A or B.
  3. To use the oracle Database user must be login to system A.
  4. User from system B would like to access to the database on system A transparently ,ie: telnet or rlogin is somehow too hard for them :-)

We tried to address this problem by making a login script to let user from system B pick a menu option then do a automatic rlogin to system A then activate the SQL*form etcc. But our System Admin does not like the idea because the script involced temporary replace the user .login file .

Can we handle this issue using SQL*Net in this arrangement ? Do we need to purchase a separated copy of SQL*Net for system "B" ?

Thanks in advance

Michael Ho
Materiel Test Directorate
White Sand Missile Range Received on Tue Jan 09 1996 - 12:16:36 CST