Ringing the Bell in SQL*Plus?

From: Jill Zeitler <zeitlerj_at_DGABBY.MFLDCLIN.EDU>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 1995 15:55:03 -0500

}]mCl#Please Confirm[{
Hello, Listers!

I have a low level problem/question regarding SQL*Plus (3.0.11.1.1). Has anyone out there learned/developed/discovered away to sound a bell/beep in SQL*Plus?

This ability would have come in handy many times in the past, but it has never been critical enough for me to spend any real time on it. We have a script that we are going to be running soon that has multiple pauses written in it for visual verification that everything is going according to plan. It would really be nice if we could have the script beep at us when it reaches those pauses. Babysitting SQL*Plus scripts tends to be a bit boring (which is preferred to the exciting times when something has gone drastically wrong), but neccessary.

My environment: SCO Unix, running on a Tricord

                 Oracle - 6.0.34.3.1
                 SQL*Plus - 3.0.11.1.1
                 PL/SQL - 1.0.34.1.1

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jill A. Zeitler
Marshfield Clinic
Marshfield, WI USA

E-Mail: zeitlerj_at_dgabby.mfldclin.edu Received on Sun Mar 19 1995 - 16:56:42 CST