Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » best way for nightly exports (Oracle database10gr2.3 OEM 10g unix Solaris)
best way for nightly exports [message #300445] Fri, 15 February 2008 07:36 Go to next message
cough
Hi,

I am looking for the best way to manage nightly exports, using data pump, of production databases. Ideally they would be scheduled centrally through Enterprise Manager. I would like to keep 2 days on disk, so the exports would need to be renamed or moved.

How do people do this? does everyone use cron on each machine?

I have looked into UTL_FILE I'm now questioning whether this is the correct way to go through OEM as the OEM job reports successful even if the package fails.

Any help or experiences would be warmly received.

Thanks

Paul
Re: best way for nightly exports [message #300475 is a reply to message #300445] Fri, 15 February 2008 09:52 Go to previous message
emoore
We use cron locally, my predecessor used cron, and the guy before him used cron. I would say it's a UNIX bias, but I personally prefer Windows.

There are probably better ways, but the cron is very versatile.

We have it scripted to check the disk for "obsolete" files (older than X days), delete those files, and then create the new export.
Previous Topic: Text File To Dbf in oracle using java code or pl/sql code
Next Topic: IMPDP Question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 16 01:08:13 CDT 2024