Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » imp a schema from oracle 9i Mac to Oracle 9i XP
icon7.gif  imp a schema from oracle 9i Mac to Oracle 9i XP [message #299766] Wed, 13 February 2008 02:45 Go to next message
oraclewannabe
hello people . this is my 1st time doing a import. i have encounter a error, i will list down my steps below. please guide me if you feel i have done a extra step or if i am wrong.
p.s. i do read the documentations and do my research b4 i post my question Wink

schema name in old db : abc

1) i connect to sys as sysdba and create a new schema with the same name 'abc' in my new database
2) i run the catalog.sql
3) i grant connect / resource and IMP_FULL_DATABASE to the account/user 'abc'
4) i go to imp and connect as abc. then i start to imp the .exp file from the old db
5) i enter the neccesscary parameters etc. and the copying of tables started.

QUESTION 1) up to this step, has what i done been correct ?
---------------------------------------------------------------

Before the import start

6)i saw something which says
Warning: the objects were exported by SYSTEM, not by you
import done in WE8MSWIN1252 character set and AL16UTF16 NCHAR character set export client uses US7ASCII character set (possible charset conversion)

After the table started to import finish, i got an error which says

"About to enable constraints...
Import terminated successfully without warnings."

QUESTION 2) I have read i know the error is about the character set. and i have also read on NLS_lang or something. But i seriously do not know how to change or what to change for my character set ? where can i find the NLS environment variable ?
and what should i change it to ?

Any advice gurus ?

Regards Smile
Re: imp a schema from oracle 9i Mac to Oracle 9i XP [message #299787 is a reply to message #299766] Wed, 13 February 2008 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>> Import terminated successfully without warnings."
Says it all.
Check your data. There should be no errors. In most cases, characterset conversions are done for you (as it says).

[Updated on: Wed, 13 February 2008 03:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: imp a schema from oracle 9i Mac to Oracle 9i XP [message #299905 is a reply to message #299766] Wed, 13 February 2008 10:33 Go to previous message
oraclewannabe
sorry Laughing

this is my 1st time, i thought termination means i have done something wrong.. thanks all.
Previous Topic: IMP-00018: partial import of previous table completed: 491505 rows imported
Next Topic: Importing a schema from 9i to 10g using data pump import export + errors :(
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 16 00:52:50 CDT 2024