Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Installation of Oracle HTTP Server on Solaris 10 (Oracle HTTP Server, 10g R2 (10.2.0.3), Solaris 10 (SPARC 64 bit))
Installation of Oracle HTTP Server on Solaris 10 [message #277556] Tue, 30 October 2007 09:33
quigs
Hi All,

I would be grateful if you could recommend the best approach to take for the following situation :

A client has aleady installed Oracle 10g (10.2.0.3) on their Solaris 10 SPARC 64 bit server.
They have also installed OEM as well.

I need to at some stage install Oracle Application Express (v 3.0.1) and the Oracle HTTP Server.
They have the Application Server CDs (v10.1.2.0.2) with them (unused as yet) but is there a way that I can install the HTTP Server component only from the CDs (rather than the whole Application Server download/install) or another option, should I just download the standalone Apache 10.1.2.0.0 version from the Oracle 10g R2 Companion CD?
If the standalone method is the preferred option, would that version of the Apache server be ok?

I hope that my questions have been clear enough.

I am aware of the APEX installation guide for the HTTP Server configuration and have used it on Windows only successfully so far.

I would appreciate any advice/links to any other appropriate documentation offered.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Tom
Previous Topic: Installation of Oracle HTTP Server for APEX
Next Topic: Reading hidden field from a Stored procedure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:14:33 CDT 2024