Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » Optimizing specific client query (Optimizing specific client query)
Optimizing specific client query [message #275153] Thu, 18 October 2007 10:04 Go to next message
mleduc
Hi, I'm new to Oracle and I have some questions regarding Optimization.

I have some users using an application which is using an Oracle 9i Database.

One of the query used by the application is taking longer and longer to execute over time since the database is growing... The specific query seems to be a search (Searching for a sample within a lot of containers)

What I would like to do is to "Grab" the specific query by monitoring with the OEM and then create some indexes to make that query run faster.

Now I don't know how to do that... Where should I go to see that specific query SQL Syntax on the server side... I would like to ask the users to execute the search from the application and then look in some monitoring tool to grab it...

Also, Once I have the specific query, I would like to know the steps to optimize the databases indexes for that query...

Thanks for the help !!
Re: Optimizing specific client query [message #275156 is a reply to message #275153] Thu, 18 October 2007 10:16 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
http://www.orafaq.com/forum/m/246965/74940/#msg_246965
Previous Topic: collect Plan
Next Topic: why ESTD_PHYSICAL_READS and ESTD_PHYSICAL_READ_TIME are not change in proportional in v$db_cache_a
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jun 13 09:30:01 CDT 2024