Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Business Intelligence » java beans and forms6i
java beans and forms6i [message #269728] Mon, 24 September 2007 05:46 Go to next message
marcovaldo
Hi. I tried the search function but I could only find reference about later versions.

I'm trying to persuade my forms6i client-server application to use a java bean. The application doesn't seem to be in the mood for it. I created the bean extending VBean, created the bean area on the canvas, wrote the name of the class in the "implementation class" part of the bean area. Compiled and run.

It appears that the form doesn't see the bean. I tried to use
set_Custom_Property in the form and then having the class do something in the setProperty method but it doesn't work. Not even if I have the class do that first thing in the method to solve possible registration problems.

I'm starting to believe I'm putting the class in the wrong path or package or something. Could someone explain me which is the correct path (I'm currently using the one in the forms60_javadir registry key) and whether I should use a specific package name (currenty no package, I just put the class in the directory) or any possibly useful hint a please?

[edit Grin ok. I was dumb. It was forms 6.0, and it appears that java beans are not allowed in client-server.

[Updated on: Mon, 24 September 2007 11:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: java beans and forms6i [message #269846 is a reply to message #269728] Mon, 24 September 2007 19:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Thanks for updating your post.

David
Re: java beans and forms6i [message #269847 is a reply to message #269846] Mon, 24 September 2007 19:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Have you considered a 'VBX control' or an 'OLE2 object'?

David
Re: java beans and forms6i [message #269915 is a reply to message #269847] Tue, 25 September 2007 02:17 Go to previous message
marcovaldo
Thanks for the hint. I'm considering it now. Unfortunately I know nothing on how to create such a component and it looks like the languages I'm most familiar with (java and pl/sql) are not the most appropriate for that. I have some vb/c/c++ experience but that's _very_ limited.

(the update, I think it was due. I didn't want people to waste time looking for the answer to a problem that was just me being dumb).

Previous Topic: Help required for creating java beans area in forms
Next Topic: ODBC Connection for OBIEE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:43:25 CDT 2024