Home » Other » Training & Certification » problem with new database
icon5.gif  problem with new database [message #264033] Fri, 31 August 2007 09:45 Go to next message
marcosbr
Hi Guys:
I’m doing my first steps in Oracle 10g and first steps to the next certification also.

I’ve a little problem at moment to create a new database.
I’m working with Windows 2003 and Oracle 10g 10.2.0

The specific problem happened when I did create the second database, then I’ve 2 questions:

1- why it don’t create in the windows program menu another menu “Database control – my new database”

2 – The listener is not working…now…and it seem like no database is registered.

- After that I’ve uninstalled and installed the database again and now with just one database my listener is still crazy.
- The Listener is hire:
# listener.ora Network Configuration File: C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\network\admin\listener.ora
# Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

SID_LIST_LISTENER =
(SID_LIST =
(SID_DESC =
(SID_NAME = PLSExtProc)
(ORACLE_HOME = C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1)
(PROGRAM = extproc)
)
)

LISTENER =
(DESCRIPTION_LIST =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC1))
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = optimus)(PORT = 1521))
)
)

It give two errors:

Database Error

Listener refused the connection with the following error: ORA-12514, TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor The Connection descriptor used by the client was: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=optimus)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=base1)))

And in the enterprise manager says:

Agent Connection to Instance
Status
Failed

Details
ORA-12505: TNS:el listener no conoce actualmente el SID proporcionado en el descriptor de conexión (DBD ERROR: OCIServerAttach)

I guess it is too easy to some of you.
Thanks a lot for the help
Marcos
Re: problem with new database [message #264064 is a reply to message #264033] Fri, 31 August 2007 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DreamzZ
LISTENER =
(DESCRIPTION_LIST =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC1))
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = optimus)(PORT = 1521))
)
)

wheres your service or sid name?

Try it

SID_LIST_LISTENER =
  (SID_LIST =
    (SID_DESC =
      (SDU = 8192)
      (TDU = 8192)
      (SID_NAME = PLSExtProc)
      (ORACLE_HOME = /opt/oracle/10.2.0)
      (PROGRAM = extproc)
    )
    (SID_DESC =
      (SDU = 8192)
      (TDU = 8192)
      (GLOBAL_DBNAME = MYDB.xyz.com)
      (SID_NAME = MYDB)
      (ORACLE_HOME = /opt/oracle/10.2.0)
    )
Re: problem with new database [message #264069 is a reply to message #264064] Fri, 31 August 2007 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marcosbr
Exactly, it was I saw, no database name inside, I’ don’t know so much for that reason I’m asking..

I’ don’t know how to fix the listener parameter, I’m giving my first steps learning to administer the Oracle 10g.

I’ll try it and tell you what happened.

But you know why my database were desconfigured after create the second database?

Thanks a lot!
Marcos
Re: problem with new database [message #264073 is a reply to message #264069] Fri, 31 August 2007 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DreamzZ
Quote:

But you know why my database were desconfigured after create the second database?

Whenever you create a database you need to configure it.
Re: problem with new database [message #264095 is a reply to message #264033] Fri, 31 August 2007 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marcosbr
Thanks a lot, I understand your point.

But I would like to take a little bit more information, I mean:
I’m using windows, and of course we are at 2007 year and Oracle is maybe the more advanced Database in the world, is possible that using DBCA wizard it don’t create for you the listener input with the information of the new database that your are creating?

As I said, I doing my first steps in Oracle 10g and In the chapter 3 of my book “Oracle database 10g administration Workshop I” just say that you have to use DBCA wizard in order to create your first database and that’s all.

And at moment, I’m don’t know how to configure Oracle Net services, and TNS Listeners because it is some chapters ahead (of course it is not problem to jump and read the needed information!).

Then I’ don’t know why, using DBCA wizard I’ve to modify manually the Listener?

It’s very important to know because I’m doing exactly all that the book suggest me, then I Don’t know, I’m not advanced administrator at moment.

I’m explaining of this way, not for fight with anybody, I just want to obtain more information if possible of course.

Thanks a lot again.
Marcos

And sorry for my bad English Smile
Re: problem with new database [message #264108 is a reply to message #264095] Fri, 31 August 2007 16:46 Go to previous message
DreamzZ
Quote:

Then I’ don’t know why, using DBCA wizard I’ve to modify manually the Listener?

DBCA use for create/delete/manage/template,not update your listener.ora.

Quote:
And at moment, I’m don’t know how to configure Oracle Net services, and TNS Listeners because it is some chapters ahead (of course it is not problem to jump and read the needed information!).

Use Net configuration assitant (netca) or netmgr for LISTENER & SERVICENAMING.
Previous Topic: How to improve DBA skills? (renamed by LF)
Next Topic: Insert values into a table using function
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:09:16 CDT 2024