Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Oracle CRM interview questions
Oracle CRM interview questions [message #261828] Thu, 23 August 2007 13:08 Go to next message
meena_pethkar
Hi all,

Can any body please help me regarding expected Interview questions and
answers for Oracle CRM 11i,
My Email ID is dreameena29@rediffmail.com

Thanks
Meena
Re: Oracle CRM interview questions [message #262159 is a reply to message #261828] Fri, 24 August 2007 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
praweenkumar
Hi,

I'm also looking for CRM interview questions. If u have any questions pls forward to me. If i'll get any questions i'll forward u.
My emaild id - praweenkumar@rediffmail.com.

Regards,
Praveen Kumar
Re: Oracle CRM interview questions [message #262162 is a reply to message #262159] Fri, 24 August 2007 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meena_pethkar

hi,

Yes I will.

Regards
Meena
Re: Oracle CRM interview questions [message #262164 is a reply to message #262162] Fri, 24 August 2007 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
praweenkumar
Hi Meena,

I have sent u some questions to your id pls check it out.

Regards,
Praveen Kumar
Re: Oracle CRM interview questions [message #262462 is a reply to message #261828] Mon, 27 August 2007 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
B.T.S.Ananth

Hi, Meena,
I hope this q will help you:

1. If Order Cycles no longer exist, how does an user associate a hold with the order life cycle?
Order Cycles are replaced by Workflow. Holds are implemented much the same way as in Release 10 and 11, except they are associated with workflowactivities instead of cycle actions.

2. How does workflow handle holds?
When seeded workflow functional activities that honor holds, come across generic or activity specific holds, they will complete with a 'On Hold' result. They are then transitioned back, either to an eligibility activity or a wait activity.
(e.g. when booking crosses a hold, it transitions back to 'Book - Eligible')
(e.g. when Invoice Interface Line crosses a hold, it transitions to a wait activity)
The Ship-Line activity is an exception to this, it remains in a notified state.

3. Does Order Management include an "order release dating" capability, which would allow an user to set a pre-defined hold period (or input a date),which upon expiration it would automatically release the hold?
Yes, Order Management still provides time dated holds. When a user defines a hold source, one can specify a 'Hold Until' date. Also, when applying a 'One-off' hold to a specific order from the Sales Order form, one can specify the 'Hold Until' date as well. There is a new concurrent job (Release Expired Holds) that should be scheduled to run nightly (or however often) that will release holds that have a 'Hold Until' date that has expired.

4. Why doesn't a newly created hold appear in the List of Values (LOV) when trying to apply or remove the hold?
When a new hold with NO responsibility to Apply and Remove the hold has been created, then any responsibility can Apply and Remove the hold. However, if the newly created hold is assigned a responsibility to one of the functions, this does not mean any responsibility can perform the corresponding function.
EXAMPLE I:
Create hold - Management Review
Assign Order Management Super User the ability to Apply the hold.
Result: Order Management Super User can Apply the hold, but no one can Remove the hold.
EXAMPLE II:
Create hold - Management Review
Assign Order Management Super User the ability to Remove the hold.
Result: No one can Apply the hold and only Order Management Super User can Remove the hold.
Thus, if assigning a responsibility to Apply a hold, the user will
need to create a corresponding entry with a responsibility to Remove the hold. If assigning a responsibilty to Remove a hold, a corresponding entry with a responsibility to Apply the hold will need to be created.

5. How can one view holds for an order or line in Order Management
Release 11i application?
1. Orders Organizer
2. Query for an order number on the Main tab
3. Click on Actions button
4. Click on Additional Line Information, or Additional Header Information (depending on if it is line or order hold).
5. Click on Holds tab
All lines/orders will show the Hold Source history here.
Hold Comments/Release Comments are shown here too.

6. How can one Remove an Item from a Hold Source?
There is an item that was previously setup in the Order Management
Release 11i application to go "on hold" every time an order is entered for that item. Now, it was decided that this item should no longer go on hold. How can the hold source be removed for that item?
1. Orders Organizer
2. On Find Orders form, Click the 'Holds Information' tab
3. Using LOV on Hold Name, select the correct Hold Name
4. Click on 'Hold Sources'
5. Enter a Release Reason
6. Click on the 'Release Button'.
All orders with this Hold Source (example: orders with lines on item hold)will be released from hold. In addition, this hold source will NOT be used for future orders.

7. What is the function name responsible for the Apply and Release hold function?
If trying to prevent using the Apply and Release holds actions on the Sales Order form (Apply and Release holds actions), remember that these are no longer functions and you cannot use them while defining responsibility menus.

8. Are there any parameters one could pass to the Sales Order form which would prevent the Apply and Hold actions from showing up?
The user can limit who can Apply and Remove holds by entering the
responsibility on the Define Holds form under Setup > Orders. One can group users under specific responsibilities and enable those responsibilities to only Apply or Remove the hold. Remember, one can only restrict or allow Users/Responsibilities to Apply/Release holds when defining the hold. After creating the hold, set up the authorizations block to Apply and Release holds for the responsibilities that are required to be enabled. The hold then can
only be Applied/Released by those specific responsibilities. Therefore, all responsibilities that have access to the Sales Order pad will be able to see the Apply/Release holds action but CANNOT act on any holds not assigned to their responsibility.

9. The Hold Checkbox is missing on the Sales Order Header and/or the Sales Order Line?
When a newly created sales order goes on hold, the user will not see the hold unless one navigates to the Actions / Additional Order Information button. The hold MUST be visible on the Sales Order header as well as the Sales Order line to which the hold applies (as it did in Release 10.7, 11).
To clarify one thing: In R10.7/R11.0, user would see HOLD checkbox at the order level and at the line level, and IN ADDITION, user could
press the HOLD button to see the hold details. In R11i, user can ONLY see the hold details in Additional Order Information.

10. Why doesn't a seeded system hold name show in the LOV?
Only user defined holds are listed in the LOV. For example, since Credit Check is a system defined hold, it is not allowed to be applied
manually.

11. Should the mass change of multiple lines on one order re-trigger credit checking and place the lines back on credit check hold?
The answer is Yes.

1. Can I do mass reservations in 11i?
Yes in OM Family Pack H or higher; the Reserve Orders concurrent program was introduced in OM Family Pack H. Please review the Oracle Order Management User's Guide (for 11.5.8 of the product or higher) to get more detail.

2. What is new for ATP and scheduling for Release 11i?
Order Management delivers new functionality in the area of scheduling and reservations.
Sourcing rules are defined in Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Planning
to determine from which warehouse an order should ship. A new workflow activity will be available to source lines that have not been sourced at entry.
A new Customer attribute is available to specify whether request
dates a customer sends, represent ship dates or arrival dates. Then, as orders are entered into the system, Oracle Order Management and Oracle Planning work together to determine the time in transit to calculate, the ship date given the arrival date, or the arrival date given the ship date.
Oracle Order Management now has a new feature called Auto-scheduling. This allows you to check ATP or display availability automatically, as soon as a line is entered. From the availability window, you can press a button to go to APS's Global ATP window to view availability across the global supply chain. You can set up the system to reserve the inventory at entry, if the request date is within a user-specified window of time. If the request date is further into the future, an automatic workflow process will perform the reservation as soon as the requested ship date moves within the allocation window.

3. Can a scheduled (ATP'd) sales order line be automatically rescheduled?
Rescheduling for a sales order line is required due to an exception
somewhere within the Supply Chain.
As in past releases, a change in supply will not automatically trigger rescheduling. If some demand is scheduled against a source of supply that fails to be delivered, rescheduling will continue to be manual triggered.

4. Using Global ATP, can the sourcing rules take into account the ship-to location of the customer?
Yes, one of the factors that can be used in the scoping rules is ship-to.

5. Will ATP allow for order selection by zip code or delivery code?
For example, determine ATP based on all orders designated for shipment to the Chicago area.
What you can do to accomplish this, is to query order by ship-to location or address. After querying up the order, view all the order lines in the order organizer. Multi-select the order you would like to do ATP check.
Specify check ATP for those selected order lines. Or, you could check with the Planning team to see if there is similar functionality in the Planner Workbench.

6. Will I be able to switch between the Arrival Date and Shipment Date as the basis for ATP?
Yes, this will normally default from the customer, but the you can override this on the order line.

7. If a customer requests that an order is delivered by a specific date, as opposed to shipped by a specific date, how is the lead time calculated?
Are there tables that hold typical ship lead time information?
The lead time will be calculated according to your setup in the supply chain planning sourcing rule.

8. How will the ATP Server work with multiple instances?
Based on the information about supply and demand from various
resources (can be gathered from multiple instances), the planning engine will create plans and available information. When the request is sent via an API (information request being: 'I need this product, this quantity, on this date'), the question will be answered by the central planning server.

9. How are the quantities calculated in the autoschedule availability window?
When you turn on Autoscheduling in the Sales Order form, an availability window is displayed which shows the following fields:
Warehouse, Available, On Hand, Reservable, Request Date, Available Date,and Error Message.
The fields pertaining to quantities are calculated as follows:
Available:
For ATP items = Inventory On-Hand Quantity minus outstanding demand
For Non-ATP items = Quantity Requested on the order line
On Hand = Inventory On-Hand Quantity
Reservable = Inventory On-Hand quantity minus outstanding reservations
Navigation:
OM Responsibility>Orders, Returns>Order Organizer>New Order
From the menu bar, click on Tools>Auto Schedule
Inventory Responsibility>Item Supply/Demand>On Hand Availability

10. Where can I get more information about running Data Collection?
Please see the following notes: 116166.1 and 113657.1

11. Can I keep the Schedule Date from changing when I make certain changes to the sales order such as Freight Carrier, Ship Method, etc.?
This has been implemented in 11.5.10
11i10 provides the a scheduling tab as part of OM System Parameters. This allows users scheduling flexibility for 5 areas: manual scheduling with the LAD, partials for manual reservations (right mouse click or reservation time fence), how to use promise date, and whether a change in Request Date or Ship Method should trigger rescheduling.

12. Where can I find the "Latest acceptable date" field? Does this field only affect ATP-enabled items and calculations, or is it related to all items, regardless of the ATP flag?
Latest Acceptable Date is available as a Folder Field in Sales Order Pad and iti s updatable as we expect a Customer/CSR/Selling Org to decide what is the acceptable scheduling window. You can restrict access to this field. It only really affects ATP-enabled items as Non-ATP items are never scheduled by APS (Planning).

13. Can I change Schedule Ship Date to a past date?
Schedule Ship date is the date planned for shipping an item.
While scheduling, availability of the component is checked and this
is always current date or future date. Based on the availability,
schedule ship date is populated. System will not be able to check the availability in past and the schedule ship date will always be
sysdate or a future date.

14. I update the request date to a past date, but Schedule Ship Date didn't change and shows as sysdate.
The system is functioning as intended.
Schedule Ship date is the date planned for shipping an item.
While scheduling, availability of the component is checked and this
is always a current date or future date. Based on the availability,
schedule ship date is populated. The system will not check the
availability in past and the schedule ship date will always be
sysdate or a future date.

15. If schedule_ship_date is changed on an ATO model or a SMC PTO model, then the schedule_ship_date is cascaded to the options and classes.
For a non-SMC PTO, a change made to schedule_ship_date on the model
is not cascaded to the options and classes

1. What is the difference between transaction types and order cycles ?
Order cycle was used in previous releases. For release 11I, Order Management started to use Oracle Workflow to control the cycles. The name of the order cycle was replaced by transaction type. Its configuration has also changed. To see more information about it you can see the Oracle Workflow Guide release 2.5 and the Order Management User Guide.

2. Can I just set up a line transaction type or do I need to set up both an order and line transaction type?
You need to set up both, line transaction types (standard, return, etc.) and order types which are analogous to Order Entry order types. When you set up the order transaction type, you specify the default line transaction type for that order transaction type.

3. You have a new installation and there is no order types defined. In previous releases, the applications have seeded some standard order cycles.
In release 11i, there are some seeded standard order and line flows, but you still need to create the transaction types and assign them to the corresponding order or lines flows you want to use. Check the OM-TRTYPE Transaction Types - Setup document in Metalink under Technical Libraries, or check the Order

4. What is the default for Tax Event under the Finance tab if it is null?
The default is Entering.

1. When processing an RMA to Oracle Receivables, will the original price be used if the item price amount has changed?
You have only one option of pricing when doing an RMA:
Price as of current date.

2. Does Order Management (OM) and iPayment support credit card RMA's?
OM does not support credit card RMAs right now.

3. Where and how are serial numbers entered on RMAs?
On the Sales Order form, after you have entered the header and line
information, click on the 'Actions' button. >From the LOV choose
'Return Line Lot/Serial Numbers'. This will allow you to enter the Quantity and Serial Number range.
NOTE: If the RMA references sales order lines with serial numbered
items, the system will not validate the serial number selected from the LOV against those on the sales order lines

5. If an RMA is processed correctly but when it goes through the approval cycle it fails. However, the RMA does not get cancelled. You look at the notification response and it is received but the notification is closed and the OEOH item_type associated with the order has a result of 'FAIL' but the workflow process stops at 'Approval Failed' in the subprocess 'Approve Return Order'.
The RMA will not get cancelled. This is functionality. You will have to cancel the order manually.

6. How can I run the RMA interface in Order management?
You cannot run the RMA Interface manually. It is an API, therefore, done in the workflow background.

7. Can we retain the same line numbering when creating an RMA for an ATO Model?
When we create the RMA all items become Standard Items and no longer retain the MODEL attributes. So it is not possible to retain the line numbers. But we retain the sequence for the lines

8. When doing a return for an ATO Model, we see in the LOV both the Top model and the newly configured item are available for return. Why?
The TOP Model Line is not shippable but has a price on it to
generate the credit. But the Configured item is shippable and
is the one which is received as a RMA in the Warehouse but it
has no price on it. So it doesn't generate the credit. It acts as
a fulfillment (pre-condition) for issuing credit on TOP model line RMA.

9. Why is the Return Activity Form blank after a return is received?
the Additional Line Info > Return Activity will show data
for the Outbound line against which the Return is created. This screen won't show information for a Return Line.
So query the Order/Line against which the RMA is created and go to
Additional Line Info -> Return Activity. You will see the details about the return lines for that outbound line.
When a return is created from an outgoing order, and that order is received, the receiving activity appears on the Return Activity form of the original order (the one you copied from).

10. Is it possible to receive an RMA through the API and have the
RMA progressed?
No. RMA Receipts are not supported in Receiving Open interface.
While saving through the forms in Immediate mode, certain actions are taken to update the Order Management tables which will not happen if an API is used to populate the rcv tables. This is true for Batch mode also.

Regards,
B.T.S.Ananth
Re: Oracle CRM interview questions [message #263368 is a reply to message #261828] Wed, 29 August 2007 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meena_pethkar
Hi all,

Please send me the Question answer for below mention topics,

CRM marketing,
Crm sales and service request.

Thanks and regards
Meena
Re: Oracle CRM interview questions [message #263370 is a reply to message #261828] Wed, 29 August 2007 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meena_pethkar
Thanks Praveen Kumar,

Please send me the Questions based on
sales,marketing and Service request if possible,

I got some questions which I will send to you soon.

Regards
Re: Oracle CRM interview questions [message #270688 is a reply to message #262164] Thu, 27 September 2007 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
msinha75
Hi All,

Could you please send me the interview questions on Oracel CRM as well to manohar773@yahoo.com

Thanks A Lot.

Manohar
Re: Oracle CRM interview questions [message #272449 is a reply to message #262462] Fri, 05 October 2007 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guhanadh
Thanks Ananth
Re: Oracle CRM interview questions [message #281537 is a reply to message #270688] Sun, 18 November 2007 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
technocrati
Hi All,

Could you please send me the interview questions on Oracle CRM as well, specially those related to the following areas:
Oracle Marketing, Oracle Sales, Oracle Quoting, Oracle Proposals, Oracle Trade Management and Territory Management.

You can email it to: raysudeepta@yahoo.com

TIA
Re: Oracle CRM interview questions [message #296464 is a reply to message #261828] Sun, 27 January 2008 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kumar82

hi

this is kumar Can any body please help me regarding expected Interview questions and answers for oracle crm service contracts ans teleservice if please sens me to my mailid kumar_leo82@yahoo.com
Re: Oracle CRM interview questions [message #464910 is a reply to message #296464] Sat, 10 July 2010 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jerryvn01
kumar82 wrote on Sun, 27 January 2008 13:14
hi

this is kumar Can any body please help me regarding expected Interview questions and answers for oracle crm service contracts ans teleservice if please sens me to my mailid

Hi everybody,

I uploaded one file. But It can not display. I used internet explorer 8.0.

How can I repair? Or some problems happened to IE8?

Rgs

Re: Oracle CRM interview questions [message #527602 is a reply to message #261828] Wed, 19 October 2011 04:02 Go to previous message
mismary207
Hi

This topic help me a lot in developing my project. I will contribute more when I finished it.
Previous Topic: Specific Approval Flow for a supplier
Next Topic: FND_FLEX table joins
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:33:46 CDT 2024