Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » How do i update the listener.ora file with a parameter.
How do i update the listener.ora file with a parameter. [message #252681] Thu, 19 July 2007 11:19 Go to next message
aidi-h
I had a problem earlier today where non Oracle applications, were not able to connect to the DB. It was found that the problem was due to an Oracle bug that activates a second listener process. (see metalink 4518443 for further information)
A further error, 'WARNING: Subscription for node down event still pending', occured in the listener log file.
The fix for this was to set the following parameter in the listener.ora file.
'SUBSCRIBE_FOR_NODE_DOWN_EVENT_<listener_name>=OFF'

Can you advise where the parameter should be in the following listener.ora file.
# listener.ora Network Configuration File: /u/app/oracle/product/10.1.0/Db_1/net
work/admin/listener.ora
# Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

SID_LIST_LISTENER =
(SID_LIST =
(SID_DESC =
(SID_NAME = PLSExtProc)
(ORACLE_HOME = /u/app/oracle/product/10.1.0/Db_1)
(PROGRAM = extproc)
)
)

LISTENER =
(DESCRIPTION_LIST =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC))
)
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = summit)(PORT = 1521))
)
)
)
I haven't update this before and just want to confirm that this is right.
Can you insert the parameter in the above lines and I will then update the file onsite and then stop and restart the listener?
Re: How do i update the listener.ora file with a parameter. [message #252686 is a reply to message #252681] Thu, 19 July 2007 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
You can place it anywhere but not in the middle of a value (i.e. between ( and ) ).
For instance as the last line.
Don't forget to replace <listener_name> by your listener name: LISTENER.

Regards
Michel
Re: How do i update the listener.ora file with a parameter. [message #254386 is a reply to message #252686] Thu, 26 July 2007 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aidi-h
Thanks for that Michel, Once I set the parameter in the listener.ora file, how can I determine that this is actually set.
When I run lsnrctl, it doesnt appear to recognise the 'SUBSCRIBE_FOR_NODE_DOWN_EVENT_LISTENER' parameter.
Re: How do i update the listener.ora file with a parameter. [message #254392 is a reply to message #254386] Thu, 26 July 2007 11:38 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
I don't know this parameter.

If following Metalink note does not work you have to open a SR.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: ORA-12154 error when trying to connect with PHP
Next Topic: start listener from two different oracle homes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:42:20 CDT 2024