Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Removing Dynamic Registered service name from the default listner
Removing Dynamic Registered service name from the default listner [message #249181] Tue, 03 July 2007 10:30 Go to next message
roopla
I recently created a new new database on one of our servers which hosts other databases too. There is a default listener (LISTENER) running on the machine already. When I created my new database, it's automatically registered dynamically with the default listener on port 1521 eventhough you will not see the service listed in the listener.ora.

Later I created different listener for my new database on port 1522. The problem here now, I can connect to my new database on both port 1521 and 1522. How can I remove my new database service from the default listener LISTENER which was registered dynamically so that I can only listen to my new database on port 1522. Obvisouly, there is no reference to my new database in default listerner listener.ora file since it's registered dynamically when it was created

Thanks for help

Re: Removing Dynamic Registered service name from the default listner [message #249187 is a reply to message #249181] Tue, 03 July 2007 10:44 Go to previous message
DreamzZ
check this..for listener stuff
http://www.stanford.edu/dept/itss/docs/oracle/9i/network.920/a96580/listener.htm
Previous Topic: Listener JDBC Connection Problem
Next Topic: Facing problem while attempting to connect Oracle database from D2K
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:09:17 CDT 2024