Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Implement R12 - migrate from 11.5.9 to R12
Implement R12 - migrate from 11.5.9 to R12 [message #248681] Sat, 30 June 2007 07:04 Go to next message
inforeqd51
Hi,

We have a project where the client wants to implement R12 and then migrate existing data from 11.5.9 to r12. This will be done for all modules Finance, Inventory, Manufacturing etc...

can anyone provide information on :
1. for which r12 tables will be able to do a straight move from 11.5.9 to r12
2. which tables have changed in r12 and which tables have been newly added?
3. for the tables in pt#2, what extra things will we have to do to ensure that data is migraed to the correct tables with correct relationships
4. are there any prepared scripts which we can use.. ie shareware or if anybody can already provide it to me.
5. aree there any other things i need to do to ensure a successful migration
6. are there any risks that can cause problems in this kind of migration

pls send your documents to my personal email id : inforeqd51@yahoo.com

THE CLIENT DOES NOT WANT TO GO FOR A STRAIGHT UPGRADE FROM 11..9 to R12

Thanks for all your help

[Updated on: Sat, 30 June 2007 07:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Implement R12 - migrate from 11.5.9 to R12 [message #441102 is a reply to message #248681] Thu, 28 January 2010 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drheaume80

I have the same questions. I work with a client that looks for the best strategy (update or new installation). He is currently using v 11.5.10.2 and wish to move to R12 or Fusion but wants to a clear picture of the roadmap to follow to succeed. There is over 400 customizations in his multi OU / multi user installation. It is a very complex analysis to perform and any shortcut, reference or reliable information is welcomed.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Implement R12 - migrate from 11.5.9 to R12 [message #441423 is a reply to message #441102] Mon, 01 February 2010 01:41 Go to previous message
ggr88
Hi,

It really depends on the complexity of the customizations. R12 obsoletes quite a few "regular" customizations or requires their re-development. Multi Org Access Control is different to Multi Org in R11i so this generally needs to be reworked. Plus there's a stack of technical changes that impact customizations.

From the functional perspective there are a heap of changes too.

Irrespective of whether you upgrade (generally the preferred option and the way to go unless you have fundamental issues with the existing implementation) or re-implement, you're going to have to address the 400+ customizations.

Hopefully the 400+ customizations are well catalogued and documented. If so then you've got a head start. If not then you may have to look at a CEMLI analysis option.

If you need a hand, let me know.

Regards,
Gareth
Blog: http://garethroberts.blogspot.com
Web: http://www.virtuate.com

Previous Topic: Query to find os pid, sid, status, text using concurrent request id
Next Topic: LOV
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 13:37:07 CDT 2024